Redeemer’s mission/outreach is lay-driven, with volunteers from Redeemer assisting several worthy causes in our neighborhoods and beyond. Some of these are:
- Tutoring at Oakview Elementary School in Silver Spring, MD. Contact Jane Dealy for more information: email@example.com.
- Backpack project for Housing Up in downtown Washington, DC, each August. This project is chaired by our youth.
- Contributions of food and funding to the Manna Food Center of Montgomery County. For more information, contact Ben Ivins: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hospitality volunteers for Water Ministry each summer at St. Columba’s in Tenleytown (DC). Contact Karen Stewart for more information: email@example.com.
- Contributions and labor for Toy Sunday for Children and Family Assistance in DC each December. For more information, contact Jefferson Arrington: Jefferson7019@aol.com.
- Street Church volunteers for the Church of the Epiphany in downtown DC each Tuesday. Contact Chrissy deFontenay for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Bethesda Cares by providing funding, clothing, toiletries, and meal. For more information, contact Marie France: email@example.com.
- Glen Echo Singers take music to parishioners who aren’t able to come to church and to hospitals and nursing homes. Contact Geoffrey Silver for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vestry approved distribution of funds from the Mission/Outreach budget for 2018 to:
- Bethesda Cares, Bethesda, MD
- Manna Food Center, Gaithersburg, MD
- Samaritan Ministry of Greater Washington
- The Trinidad Conservation Project, Honduras
The Vestry also gave its approval to the Olive Oil Ministry holding two sales of olive oil products annually to benefit that ministry of which Redeemer is a member.
If you would be interested in learning more about any of these organizations or to volunteer, please contact Rev. Cricket Park at email@example.com
Applications for Mission/Outreach Funds
Do you see a new way that we at Redeemer can lend a hand to those less fortunate than we are? An organization whose mission calls on us to put our energy and enthusiasm into the task together as partners? If so, the Vestry would like to hear from you. Applications for funding from the mission/outreach budget for a new project or to an organizations supported last year, are requested to be submitted by July 30th. Applications are available from the Parish Office.